C4: The next dimension in puzzles.
This Java program requires Java 1.1 which is implemented in Netscape Navigator 4.5 and Internet Explore 4.0.
This program is strictly an "alpha" version, under development. Sendcomments or suggestions to Dan. It was developed on a friend's (Renee) PowerBook 1400 (Mac) and my 7200 desktop. It was ported through Zydeco (my desktop PC) to my friend's (Tim) Unix server.
See if you can find the ("minor") logical flaw with the program....
Here is some basic info:
- What are you looking at? The 8 cubes below represent the 8 faces of a four dimensional cube.
- A layer is one of these faces drawn through a fourth dimension (just like a layer of Rubik's cube is a 2 D square drawn through a third dimension.)
- Click close to but not on an individual cube to change it's visual orientation.
- Click on a "cubie" to highlight that cubie on all faces.
- Click on a button to rotate (in four dimensions) the corresponding face. The top buttons apply to all faces at once.